The Finance, planning and Administration Department is responsible for providing the necessary management planning and oversight in the areas of finance, human resource management, information technology, and procurement. The Department also provides accurate and detailed information on its area of responsibility to the governing bodies and other interested parties. The department is made up of the following sections
1. Finance and Accounting Section
The Finance and Accounting section oversees all accounting and processing of financial transactions in the Council. Finance and Accounting department is also responsible for managing the budgeting process, approving accounts payable, overseeing departmental billing, reconciling accounts, and preparing financial reports internal and external use.
The objectives of the section are:
- Ensure effective and efficient utilization of financial resources.
- Institute adequate financial controls.
- Assist in the mobilization of financial resources.
- Preparation of the CLE budget.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial reports.
2. Human Resources and Administration Section
The Human Resource and Administration section of the Council works towards enhancing the capacity of the Council to effectively deliver on its mandate. The department aims at acquiring, building and retaining human capacity to provide quality, efficient and effective services to the public. It provides strategic and day to day support to the various departments of the Council and ensures that the Council has the human capacity to deliver on its mandate.
It also ensures there is optimal utilization of the human capacity throughout the organization as a basis of effectively and efficiently attaining set objectives and ensures that the Council has sufficient capacity for the growing scope of its mandate.
The section ensures that human resources and administration policy guidelines are in place, correctly interpreted and fairly applied relating to its various functions of planning, recruitment and selection, discipline/grievance handling, compensation, employee relations, staff welfare, staff training and development, Performance Management and staff career growth and succession plans, asset management, utilities and office maintenance and statutory compliance.
The Administration function exist to ensure effectiveness of the Council in the areas of fleet management, documents management and occupational health and safety.
3. Procurement Section
Procurement Department is responsible for the facilitation of procurement function at the Council. It oversees the establishment and implementation of procurement policies and procedures aimed at enhancing integrity, timely service delivery and value for money. It monitors the procurement processes to ensure consistency with relevant legislative frameworks.
The objectives of the Section are:
- To procure materials economically at a cost consistent with the quality and service required
- To provide the necessary expertise, advice, information to other departments with regard to best quality of materials available in the market
- To develop and maintain good supplier relationships
- To maintain the Council’s reputation and credibility in the market by fair dealings and prompt payments.
4. Information Communication Technology Section
The Information and Communications Technology Department is accountable for the support and maintenance of all computer applications and systems, hardware and software that are used throughout the organization. The department develops and implements policies and procedures necessary to ensure the effective, secure, and appropriate use of organization information resources and services.
- To contribute and promote the effective use of ICT within the organization
- Ensure the reliability and effectiveness of the ICT systems and services.
- Ensure system and data security